Ethics Education Program
Annual Intensive Ethics Education Program (EEP).
Thank you to all who participated in the 2017 sessions focusing on clinical and organizational ethics.
For those interested in the 2018 program, registration is not yet open. Be sure to check back in early 2018.
The course offers insights in meeting Accreditation Canada standards, creating strong leadership practices, and addressing moral distress and other common hospital/community/LTC ethical dilemmas in the care of patients. The Ethics Education Program has attracted over 125 healthcare practitioners including Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers, Administrators, and others, from different organizations throughout the Champlain LHIN.
Fees: $1500 CAD (Includes registration, parking, reading material and food/refreshments). Registration is free for one participant from partner organizations.
The EEP curriculum covers a number of topics which may include:
(1) Introduction to Ethics
(2) Ethics in Practice I: Models of Ethics Service in Health Care Settings
(3) Ethics in Practice II: Models of Ethics Service in Health Care Settings (Continued)
(4) Ethics in Practice III: Introduction to Clinical Ethics Consultation
(5) Ethics in Practice IV: Consent, Capacity, and Substitute Decision-Making I
(6) Ethics in Practice V: Consent, Capacity, and Substitute Decision-Making II
(7) Ethics in Practice VI: Ethical Issues in End-of-Life Care
(8) Ethics in Practice VII: Moral Distress
(9) Ethics in Practice VIII: Accreditation Canada Standards
(10) Ethics in Practice IX: Special Topics
Registration is now CLOSED for the 2017 Ethics Education Program!
For additional information on partnership opportunities with the CCHCE or to register for the course, please contact:
Joshua T. Landry, M.Sc., Ph.D. (c)
Tel: 613-798-5555 ext 10248